Your privacy and security is of the utmost importance to us. We describe in this policy how we collect and use information about you in your use of our services, including our platform and the website. If you are one of our customers, you should read this policy in conjunction with our Terms of Service.
Who are we?We are Recordia, a telecom service provider. The processing explained in this policy may be carried out by the RecordiaPro API or other data controllers in the Recordia LLC group of companies (including its subsidiaries). All references in this policy to “RecordiaPro”, “RecordiaPro API”, “we” “us” or “our” should be interpreted accordingly and refer to Recordia LLC.
When collecting information about our customers or visitors of our website, we are, under European Union (“EU") data protection laws, qualified as “data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you.
How do we collect your data?We collect information about you when you fill in a sign up or contact form on our website or send us an email. We may also receive your personal data from third parties, when you express your interest for our services to them. A final way we collect your data is through regular telecommunication operations by you or other parties. When you utilize our services, we log your data to provide you with the services you purchased
We collect information by automated means. When you visit our website, view one of our advertisements on a third party-owned website, or read our marketing email, we automatically collect information about you via cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. These are small files associated with information that your browser or our servers will save and return as part of your use of the website and the services for purposes such as saving your login session between visits, remembering your display preferences, tracking your use of the website, and for audience measurement purposes.
What data do we collect?We collect two types of information about you: personal data and non-personal data.
Personal data. This is information that lets us know who you are. This includes the information you provide us when registering to use the platform (i.e. company name, company email address, other contact information you share with us, associated domain name). Your login credentials are also personal data. This category also includes information tied to your identity that you provide us through other means, such as emails to our support team.
Non-personal data. This is information that doesn’t let us determine your identity. This generally comes from your use of the services after registering on our website. Non-personal data includes information that could personally identify you in its original form, but that we have modified (for instance, by aggregation) any personal data. In addition, and in the context of using our services, namely utilizing our Click-to-Call services, we have access to the information contained in each telecom instance you have carried out including phone numbers and a recording of the phone conversation.
How do we use your data?When you are one of our customers, we use the information we collect about you to provide the services to you. As part of that purpose, we use your data:
- To create and maintain your platform account, and to control access to it.
- To provide our services and facilitate performance, including verifications relating to you.
- To provide you with real-time logs of your use of the platform.
- To respond to any requests you may submit for support or sales information, or similar communications.
- To communicate with you about our services (for example through newsletters, marketing emails, announcements or special offers).
- For billing and collection purposes, if you have subscribed to one of our paid plans.
- For the investigation and prevention of fraud and breaches of the Terms of service.
- To enable third parties to provide services to us.
- To personalise, assess, and improve our services, content and materials.
- To comply with applicable laws to which we are subject.
What are our purposes and legal basis for collecting your personal data?We collect your personal data because we need it to perform a contract we have signed with you or because you have taken steps to enter into a contract with us (for instance, when you fill in a contact form to request information about our services or when you sign up for an account). Otherwise, we collect personal data based on your consent for that specific purpose.
With whom do we share personal data?Except for the limited circumstances we describe here or in an applicable agreement or our Terms of Service, we do not share your personal data with third parties. When we need to provide your personal data to third parties, we will only share it to the extent necessary to provide you with our services, and we ensure that we have in place data protection requirements with these third parties (including standard contractual clauses as well as the requisite technical and organisational measures). We may also share your personal data as required or permitted by law and as to optimally provide our services through third party providers as described below.
Hosting Services: We host the website and operate the platform using third parties, including, AWS ®. Your platform will be hosted from their data centers throughout the United States or Europe, based on where you have selected to deploy our services.
Payment Providers: We use a Stripe®, to process subscription payments, and therefore provide them with the personal data required to charge your credit card and maintain any payment mandate information as law requires.
Website functionalities: We may use third-party services either embedded into our website (such as Google® Analytics) to enhance the function of the website and the services.
While we provide these third parties with no more information than what is necessary to enable them to provide the services to us, any information that you provide these services providers independently is subject to their respective privacy policies and practices.
In no case do we sell, share or rent out your contacts to third parties, nor use them for any purpose other than those set forth in this policy.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities or regulatory bodies, including to meet law enforcement requirements, in the case of a court order, a summons to appear in court or any other similar requisition from a government or the judiciary, or to establish or defend a legal application.
Additionally, we will provide information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
For how long do we retain your personal data?We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you (unless otherwise required by law).
If you would like us to cease all of the described uses of your personal data, you may delete your account at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. This will delete your personal data from our records, and we will make no further use of it. We may, however, retain copies of your personal data in backups for legal retention purposes and/or for our own legitimate business purposes.
How do we transfer your data?The RecordiaPro API complies with the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) as well as all applicable data protection laws. For all transfers of personal data from the EU and EEA, we maintain EU Standard contractual clauses where necessary, ensure additional safeguards such as data encryption and data minimization, as well as perform audits and controls on our important sub processors.
What are your rights in connection with personal data?In accordance with Data Protection laws, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no legitimate reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Withdraw your consent and opt-out from our communications. We will honor your opt-out within 14 days. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related messages if you remain a customer.
- Object to processing of your personal data For example, if we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data (right to data portability).
Recordia LLC commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints should first contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recordia LLC has also committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities with regard to unresolved complaints concerning personal data transferred from the EU.
If you are located in the EU, you also have the right to lodge a complaint to your data protection authority.
SecurityThe security and integrity of your personal information is very important to us. We follow industry accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. We ensure the appropriate electronic, physical and managerial procedures are in place with a view to safeguarding and preserving all the data handled. Our infrastructure is located in top-tier data centers. Each of these locations adhere to strict physical and procedural controls which are frequently audited. Our applications are routinely scanned for vulnerabilities and an independent penetration test is conducted annually. Our employees undergo background checks (when allowed) and sign non-disclosure agreements at the time of hire.